Mar 29, 2010

Movie Mondays!


A solid film from start to finish, The Kingdom is a tight action thriller with a great cast turning in top-notch performances. Although not filmed in Saudi Arabia, it still puts the viewer in that world trying to highlight differences between Saudi and western society. While some have accused the movie of being jingoistic, it isn’t overtly so and manages to present a somewhat unbiased view painting characters in subtle grays as opposed to stark black and white portrayals. There is quite a bit of blood in both the first reel of the film and the last - if you are inclined towards any kind of squeamishness of graphic violence you should avoid the movie but, you will be missing out on a terrific film. I really enjoyed this.

I’m repurposing content by taking my NetFlix reviews and posting them here on the blog. If I could figure out a way to do it, I’d post some kind of link for people to connect and make me their friend on the service. Unfortunately, it isn’t altogether clear how one would do that - so if you know a way, pass it along. In the meantime, I’ve got steady content for at least a year.

No comments: